The Head of Finance is a key member of our senior team. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate person with strong knowledge and experience of the food, retail and hospitality sectors. You’ll help us build on the success of our popular and award-winning, Boyle based, Drumanilra Farm Kitchen by keeping control of the purse strings as we move into this new phase of growth. You’ll be responsible for the efficient running of back-office operations at both Drumanilra Organic Farm and the new Drumanilra Farm Kitchens, including financial, EPOS, IT and administrative systems. You will work alongside the partners, and Head of Operations, to actively support and contribute towards the continued growth of the company and the achievement of our mission and goals.
You’ll be based in offices in Boyle but divide your time between the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen projects in Strandhill, Carrick-on-Shannon and Boyle. You’ll work as part of the senior team including the partners, Head of HR, and Head of Operations/Exec Chef.
You will manage the Company’s financial affairs, including preparing management and statutory accounts and financial projections, setting budgets and ensuring we keep on track, and that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place;
You will be responsible for:
- Helping to define our KPI’s ;
- Preparing weekly and monthly management reports together with quarterly management accounts and projections, in consultation with the Head of Operations, for presentation to Partners and the Senior Team, for both Drumanilra Organic Farm and Farm Kitchen;
- Preparing the year-end financial accounts for audit and liaising with Auditors prior to sign-off;
- Reconciling report discrepancies and issues;
- Working with the senior team and partners to develop annual business plans and budgets to achieve specific objectives consistent with the Company’s mission and goals;
- Supervising the production of regular salary payments and records, PRSI and pension contributions in accordance with Revenue Commissioner requirements.
- Liaising with Revenue Commissioners to ensure completion of P30 and VAT returns in a timely and efficient manner;
- Overseeing all VAT matters, looking at efficient ways of reducing VAT liability and keeping abreast of current VAT legislation;
- Managing Creditors and Debtors and working with the team to ensure appropriate policies are in place for negotiating trading terms effectively from the outset, including credit limits, terms and retention levels;
- Managing cash flow and dealing with the company’s bank in respect of payments, receipts, and cash lodgements. Ensuring that all bank accounts and credit card statements are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner. Negotiating fees and interest rates.
- Developing, and reviewing current procedures, to ensure all the Company’s expenditure is correctly authorised and accounted for;
- Ensuring the overall smooth running of the Company’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness;
- Maintaining a fixed asset register;
- Ensuring that the Company’s legal responsibilities are met, particularly that all necessary insurance is properly in place.
- GDPR compliance;
- The Company’s IT resources, including maintaining and reviewing the most appropriate and efficient systems;
- Accessing available Government Incentive Programs and Grants;
- On the Farm: To oversee and support compliance with Department of Agriculture, Organic Trust and Breed Society administrative requirements, including efficient and up to date record-keeping and the filing of all returns, in a timely and efficient manner;
- In the Kitchen: To oversee the Business and EPOS systems, product listing, pricing, stock control, sales reporting and to liaise with our EPOS system supplier to resolve technical issues;
AND all such other duties as shall be reasonably associated to the above matters or as shall, in the course of the employment, be agreed between the parties as being part of the duties.
To excel in this role you will have:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A shared enthusiasm for our ethos
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated and confident,
- Demonstrate decision-making ability and sense of responsibility
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong IT competence
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Happy working as part of a team
- Discreet and trustworthy
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- Solid understanding of financial planning and management reporting
- Holder of a professional qualification such as Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, (CIMA), Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Ireland or The Chartered Accountants Ireland would be desirable.
Find out more about working at Drumanilra and the benefits we provide.
Our Financial Benefits include an attractive salary plus a profit share scheme, mileage allowance, an annual leave allowance which increases over time, a cycle to work scheme and a discount card for nourishing lunches in our cafes on work days, and discounts in our shops and cafes for you and your guests on days off.
The well-being of our team is important to us. Alongside the benefits of living and working in this beautiful part of the country, we will work at creating a sociable, diverse and inclusive work space, flexible working opportunities, and will offer an Employee Assistance Programme.
We will also work hard at creating career development opportunities and pathways. We’ll invest in a robust review process for performance feedback, and for identifying opportunities for training and progression. We will commit to a minimum of two paid training days per year, for everyone, after one year’s service, plus an annual paid volunteer day for people to actively participate in their local community, and help further causes they are interested in.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below or alternatively email email@example.com with a short bio and attach your CV. We will acknowledge receipt of your application and we’ll get in touch with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
Find out more about the Drumanilra journey so far, from small beginnings to where we are today, and learn more about our amazing plans for the future.