Drumanilra is a growing organic food company based in Carrick-on-Shannon that offers its employees a chance to make their mark on the emerging sustainable and ethical fast-food business in Ireland. We are a family business with big expansion plans. We are passionate about great food and great people preparing it! We need an energetic individual to become the Lead Chef for our new Café & Drive Thru in Carrick-on-Shannon.
With your passion for food, excellent people management and proven organisational skills, you’ll lead your team to deliver exceptional customer service, a commercially successful kitchen and fantastic food on the plate.
Drumanilra Organic Farm Kitchens is a family run business based from our farm on the shores of Lough Key. On over 300 acres of farmland, we raise high welfare pedigree Dexter cattle, grass-fed lambs and outdoor reared pigs, and produce organic eggs, veg and leafy greens. The farm supplies our restaurants, and our customers are encouraged to join one of our farm visits to see where their food is coming from. From our previous success in our café in Boyle, we are known for the great care we take with our produce, our customers, and our employees alike. Our restaurants cater for what our directors refer to as “ethical carnivores”, as well as vegan and vegetarian diets.
Our mission is to make good quality organic food accessible to everyone, to discover and promote new ways of regenerative farming, to provide a route to market for like-minded producers and to give back to our rural communities.
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
- Work within the guidelines of our mission and goals
- Select, coach and lead the kitchen team
- Work with our own in-house organic baker and organic butcher and with the support of an off-site Production Kitchen
- Report to the Restaurant General Manager
- Work with the kitchen teams in each of our locations to feed into menu development. Menus change periodically to reflect our seasonal ingredients
- Ensure every plate is beautifully and consistently prepared and presented to the agreed menu guidelines
- Work closely with an experienced Front of House team to deliver exceptional customer service which consistently exceeds visitor expectations
- Listen to customer feedback and create a culture where all feedback (both positive and negative) is welcomed as an opportunity for the business to learn and grow
- With the support of the finance team, work within budget, control costs and achieve targets
- Set up and manage a robust food safety management system.
- Help us implement our sustainable business goals in the kitchen, including minimising food waste, minimising single-use plastic, recycling, composting food and packaging waste, and sourcing ingredients sustainably
- Work with the HR Manager, to ensure everyone in your team has the necessary training and is compliant with relevant legislation including health & safety, food hygiene and HACCP procedures
- Motivate and inspire your team to strive for a culture of exceptional service and make it a great place to work
You need to have:
- A passion for good food and sustainable food production
- A professional qualification in culinary arts or similar
- At least two years’ experience working as sous chef or higher
- Kitchen management experience
- A good understanding of HACCP processes
- A strong systems focus and ability to manage a kitchen that maintains the highest levels of hygiene, food safety and food allergen management
- Track record in delivering customer service excellence
- Strong commercial focus and an eye for margin, cost control, and waste management.
- Evidence of ability in coaching and developing others, and achieving team engagement and satisfaction
- Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and an environment free of bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Good written and verbal communication skills. IT literacy
- An excellent knowledge of Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance requirements and up to date certs
- Experience in a fast food environment an advantage, but not essential – this is fast food done differently!
- Fantastic opportunity for a promising chef to step into a management role, or further develop their management experience
- Competitive salary and profit share
- Discounts on retail and restaurant prices for you, a friend and accompanying children
- Generous annual leave
- Flexible hours, no split shifts
- Join a vibrant team seeking to change how we think about sustainable food
- Opportunities to learn about sustainable, organic food production by working with our farm and production teams, our organic bakery, butchery, and new production kitchen
- Be part of something incredible!
To apply for this position please fill out the form below or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short bio and attach your CV. We will acknowledge receipt of your application and we’ll get in touch with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
Find out more about the Drumanilra journey so far, from small beginnings to where we are today, and learn more about our amazing plans for the future.