As Production Chef at the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen, you will take full accountability for every aspect of producing the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen Food Range to be served in our restaurants and cafes, and sold in our retail stores. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate person, with strong knowledge of food production and development. You’ll help us build on the success of our popular and award-winning, Boyle based, Drumanilra Farm Kitchen. Under the direction of the Executive Chef/Head of Operations, you’ll be responsible for the on-going operational performance of the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen Production Kitchen, in line with our Mission & Goals. You will plan, implement and oversee our recipe and menu cycle development, as well as HACCP & Health & Safety systems. You and your team will be developing and producing award-winning, local, and seasonal food, using organic ingredients from our farm, and our partner producers. You’ll provide positive leadership to a diverse team. You’ll work to create a strong and engaged customer base. You’ll ensure food and retail service excellence at all times. You’ll be able to respond to challenges and identify opportunities to drive the business forward. You’ll be responsible for achieving revenue targets and sticking to budget. You’ll be committed to working sustainably and you’ll help us implement our green business goals.
You’ll work at our Production Kitchen facility just outside Boyle, Co. Roscommon. You’ll have the support of a senior team including a Head of Operations/Executive Chef, Head of HR, our Farm Manager (your key supplier), and Head of Finance. You’ll lead the team and work
closely with the Exec Chef/Head of Operations and the business owners, to create outstanding products, for the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen food range, which consistently exceed expectations.
Under the guidance of the Exectuive Chef/Head of Ops, you’ll be responsible for the development and production of the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen retail food range, and for supplying the Restaurant Kitchens with batch prepared ingredients for service.
• Create an out-standing product range for the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen Retail Offer
• Batch prepare products for use in the Drumanilra Restaurant Kitchens (e.g. daily salads, soups,
sauces, vegetables and main dishes)
• Develop and test new products and continuously improve our recipes
• Work with the Exec Chef and Marketing Team to develop packaging for new retail
• Manage product costings and margins
• Work to a budget
• Establish efficient workflows and schedules in the production kitchen to fulfil orders in a
timely manner and review these on an on-going basis for improved efficiencies
• Manage packing, despatch, and delivery of orders
• Maintain food safety standards and records
• Manage stock, and place and receive orders for raw ingredients and equipment
• Develop a good relationship with suppliers and with the wider Drumanilra Team
• Manage and minimise waste and run the production kitchen in line with our sustainable
• Lead and work as part of a small team
• With the support of HR, Recruit, Train and Supervise new staff members
To excel in this role you will have:
• A passion for good food and a commitment to using ingredients which comply with
our food philosophy
• A third level professional qualification in culinary arts or similar
• At least five years’ experience in large-scale (minimum 2000 meals) food service, food
preparation and menu planning, with experience in retail food delivery systems
• Kitchen management experience
• Proven track record in delivering customer service excellence
• Track record of delivering challenging performance targets and improving results
• Evidence of ability in recruiting, coaching, and developing others, and achieving team
engagement and satisfaction
• Good written and verbal communication skills. IT literacy
• An excellent knowledge of Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance requirements
and up to date certs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 20 kg
• Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and an environment free of
bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
Find out more about working at Drumanilra and the benefits we provide.
Our Financial Benefits include an attractive salary plus a profit share scheme, mileage allowance, an annual leave allowance which increases over time, a cycle to work scheme and a discount card for nourishing lunches in our cafes on work days, and discounts in our shops and cafes for you and your guests on days off.
The well-being of our team is important to us. Alongside the benefits of living and working in this beautiful part of the country, we will work at creating a sociable, diverse and inclusive work space, flexible working opportunities, and will offer an Employee Assistance Programme.
We will also work hard at creating career development opportunities and pathways. We’ll invest in a robust review process for performance feedback, and for identifying opportunities for training and progression. We will commit to a minimum of two paid training days per year, for everyone, after one year’s service, plus an annual paid volunteer day for people to actively participate in their local community, and help further causes they are interested in.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short bio and attach your CV. We will acknowledge receipt of your application and we’ll get in touch with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
Find out more about the Drumanilra journey so far, from small beginnings to where we are today, and learn more about our amazing plans for the future.