Drumanilra is a growing organic food company based in Carrick-on-Shannon that offers its employees a chance to make their mark on the emerging sustainable and ethical fast-food business in Ireland. We are a family business with big expansion plans. We are passionate about great food and great people preparing it! We need an engaging individual to become the General Manager for our new Café, Farm Shop & Drive Thru in Carrick-on-Shannon.
Drumanilra Organic Farm Kitchens is a family run business based from our farm on the shores of Lough Key. On over 300 acres of farmland, we raise high welfare pedigree Dexter cattle, grass-fed lambs and outdoor reared pigs, and produce organic eggs, veg and leafy greens. The farm supplies our restaurants, and our customers are encouraged to join one of our farm visits to see where their food is coming from. From our previous success in our café in Boyle, we are known for the great care we take with our produce, our customers, and our employees alike. Our restaurants cater for what our directors refer to as “ethical carnivores”, as well as vegan and vegetarian diets.
Our mission is to make good quality organic food accessible to everyone, to discover and promote new ways of regenerative farming, to provide a route to market for like-minded producers and to give back to our rural communities.
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
Launch phase (est. first 1-2 months of employment)
From day one you will have a hand in building the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen Carrick-on-Shannon team. You will work with our HR and Office teams on recruiting brilliant front of house and kitchen staff. You’ll help to design and deliver their training and make sure all our systems are running smoothly before the launch.
Once doors are open, it’s over to you. You will manage the restaurant, drive thru and small farm shop and represent your site across the Drumanilra group. With the support of our head office team, you will be responsible for financial targets and management, building an exceptional customer experience, ensuring a safe, fair and welcoming place of work for your team and generally delivering our mission and green business goals to your team and customers every day.
- At least two years’ experience as a Restaurant General Manager
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience in managing budgets
- Confident IT skills and experience with EPOS systems
- Great communication skills with both suppliers and customers
- Commercial focus
- Commitment to creating a vibrant, welcoming, inclusive workplace
- An interest in sustainable food practices and great tasting food
- A commitment to implementing our green business goals
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety, Food Safety, Security, Fire Safety, and Employment legislation
- Recruitment and training experience an advantage
- Managing a mixed-function operation (e.g. retail, dining-in and takeaway) an advantage
- Some experience in relation to the launch of new premises would be an advantage
- Competitive salary and generous profit share
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts on retail and restaurant prices for you, a friend and accompanying children
- Generous annual leave
- You will be managing Ireland’s first organic drive-thru, shaping a more sustainable future
- A totally unique management opportunity in a relaxed but bustling retail / dining hub
- Opportunities to learn about sustainable, organic food production by working with our farm and production teams, our organic bakery, butchery, and new production kitchen
- Be part of something incredible!
Find out more about working at Drumanilra and the benefits we provide.
Start Date: September 2021
Salary: €45,000 – €47,000 negotiable
Submit a CV and cover letter
Find out more about the Drumanilra journey so far, from small beginnings to where we are today, and learn more about our amazing plans for the future.