This tasty recipe uses organic chicken breasts and fresh vegetables wrapped in Rice Paper. It makes a great lunch box treat, an after school snack, or a delicious lunch if you are working from home. You can order all the vegetables, and most of the other ingredients from our online shop. We can deliver to your door or you can book a click and collect slot. Vietnamese Spring rolls are traditionally made with Rice vermicelli, which are very thin rice noodles. Softening the rice paper ensures that the Spring rolls do not need to be cooked and can be eaten cold. If preparing ahead, store in an airtight container at room temperature, to prevent them drying out, and eat on day you prepare them.
100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
For the sauce:
1/2 cup Tamari or good quality light soy sauce
1/4 cup cashew or almond butter
1 tablespoon honey
For the rice paper rolls:
2 tablespoons boiling water
12 rice paper wrappers
2 organic chicken breasts, steamed and cut into very thin slices
2 organic avocados, mashed
2 organic radish, julienned
1 organic cucumber, julienned
Bunch of coriander, leaves picked
12 small lettuce pieces
- Prepare vermicelli to packet instructions. Allow to cool once cooked.
- Then make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a jug and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Fill a large shallow dish with lukewarm water. Submerge one rice paper wrapper into the water and leave for about 20-30 seconds, until it has softened. Transfer rice paper wrapper to a clean bench.
- To assemble the rice paper rolls, place a few slices of chicken breast in a line on the edge of the rice paper wrapper closest to you. Put a tablespoon of avocado on top of the chicken and smooth it out. Than add a pinch of radish & cucumber on top of avocado. Place a few coriander leaves on top of the carrot. Then place a large pinch of vermicelli noodles on top, followed by a small piece of lettuce.
- Next start to make the rolls, gently hold onto the edge of the rice paper roll closest to you and fold over the top of the vermicelli – then start rolling the mixture away from you, keeping the contents firmly held together with your fingers. When you get to the centre of the rice paper wrapper, fold in the two sides and keep rolling to the end.
- Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers. Serve with sauce.